1. TermsYou/your/contestant means the contestant who fills in the registration form. We/our/us means the Challenge24 organizer team. PreEC is the Preliminary Electronic Contest. EC is the Electronic Contest. Finals is the final round of the contest. Anonymized data is derived from accurate data in a way that it is impossible to conclude any personal data or personal identity of contestants from the data. Sponsors are contracted organizations/companies who sponsor the event.
We try to collect and handle as few personal data for as short time as possible. We also offer ways to request removal of non-anonymized personal data from our own databases.
3.1. Public data
- Electrical Engineering Students' Hungarian Association (MAVE or EESTEC LC Budapest)
- Address: Hungary, H-1114 Budapest Eszek utca 9-11.
- Email: board (at) eestec.hu
3.2. Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Registration Number
- Registration number: NAIH-69928, NAIH-71293
- More information about "NAIH"
4. Types of personal data
4.1. Public data
- team name;
- per team data: nickname, nationality, gender, occupation,occupation place (shortname), preferred programming languages summary of the team in an anonymized format;
- scores achieved by the team on any events related to Challenge24 (including the PreEC, EC, Finals);
- statistics derived from the above data;
- other statistics that contain only anonymized data.
4.2. Personal data for the finals
- T-shirt size;
- arrival time;
- any data required for fulfilling special requests/preferences regarding to food or other aspects of the finals;
- any data required for signing up for programs, sponsored accommodation or any other associated events.
- Passport number, Birth date and place, address for invitation letter (if visa necessary);
We delete such data upon request on the team page; however deleting such data may disqualify the team from the contest.
4.3. Personal data shared with our sponsors
- the CV submitted during the registration if, and only if it was accepted
- Name, contact information (email address, phone number)
The participants will receive information about sponsors eight days before the sharing. You can find the actual sponsors here. We can inform you about the sharing process whithin five years (under Hungarian laws).
We may use this data to produce and publish anonymized; such data sets must contain the aggregate anonymized data of at least 20 teams to avoid any chance of identification of contestants.
We are allowed to read and evaluate your CV before we decide to accept it. We are not allowed to use your "personal data shared with our sponsors" in any other way than those documented in section 4.3.
We delete such data from our databases upon request on the team page; however deleting such data may disqualify the team from the contest. We are not responsible for deleting data from the databases of our sponsors. Upon request we provide a list of contact information to refer to with removal requests from each sponsor's database.
4.4. Extra restriction on handling contact information (the no-spam rule)
As stated in 4.3., it is possible to request removing contact information. Especially, it is possible to request removal of contact information from our database so that we will not send notifications. Doing this after the finals will not lead to disqualification.
5. Versions and changesWe may publish new versions of this document between the finals and the PreEC. However, once you register and accept a specific version of this document, that will be in effect for your data, until:
- you explicitly request switching to the new version;
- or your data is deleted.
6. Who manage your data?
- Board of Organizer for accepting/rejecting (CV rules)
- Authorized Board Assistant member of MAVE for accepting/rejecting (CV rules)
- Following sponsors